AA-PB9NC6B
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AA-PB9NC6B

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lenovo ThinkPad X201 Review.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Lenovo ThinkPad X201 Review. Empty
PostSubject: Lenovo ThinkPad X201 Review.   Lenovo ThinkPad X201 Review. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:31 pm

<! -- google_ad_section_start -->sony vgp-bps8 X201 is definitely the newest 12-inch ultra-portable company notebook from Lenovo. To provide a refresh to the X200-series, that X201 showcases Intel's most recent Calpella platform. One of the very interesting new processor options as part of the X201 is the completely new 32nm Core i7-640LM dual-core PC clocked in at three. 13GHz. In this review we review the entire X201-lineup just as X201, X201s, and X201 Tablet to check out how well they compare against previous models. VGP-BPS13 Much of our Lenovo ThinkPad X201 Features: Screen: 12. 1-inch WXGA (1280 by 800) LED Backlit (Matte finish) vgp-bps8 Os in this handset: Windows 7 Professional (64bit) Processor chip: Intel Core i5-540M (2. 53GHz, 3MB Cache) Random access memory: 4GB DDR3 RAM (2GB + 2GB) Hard drive: 320GB Hitachi HDD (7200rpm) Instant: Intel 6200 802. 11AGN, Wireless Graphics: Intel GMA LARGE DEFINITION Integrated Graphics Power: 94Wh 9-cell, 65W 20V AIR-CON adapter Dimensions: 11. 6 a 9. 2 x 0. 8 : 1. 4" Weight: 3. 52lbs Full Price: $1, 625 Much of our Lenovo ThinkPad X201s Features: Screen: 12. 1-inch WXGA+ (1440 by 900) LED Backlit (Matte finish) sony vgp-bps9 Os in this handset: Windows 7 Professional (64bit) Processor chip: Intel Core i7-640LM (2. 13GHz, 4MB Cache) Random access memory: 4GB DDR3 RAM (2GB + 2GB) Hard drive: 320GB Hitachi HDD (5400rpm) Instant: Intel 6250 802. 11AGN, Wireless Graphics: Intel GMA LARGE DEFINITION Integrated Graphics Power: 57Wh 6-cell, 65W 20V AIR-CON adapter Dimensions: 11. 6 a 8. 3 x 0. '08 - 1. 4" Body weight: 2. 77lbs Retail Price tag: $1, 335 Our Lenovo ThinkPad X201 Capsule Specifications: Screen: 12. 1" Multitouch LED WXGA (1280x800) solar panel with Wide Viewing Angle sony vgp-bpl8 Os in this handset: Windows 7 Professional (64bit) Processor chip: Intel Core i7-640LM (2. 13GHz, 4MB Cache) Random access memory: 4GB DDR3 RAM (2GB + 2GB) Hard drive: 320GB Fujitsu HDD (5400rpm) Instant: Intel 6200 802. 11AGN, Wireless Graphics: Intel GMA LARGE DEFINITION Integrated Graphics Power: 66Wh 8-cell, 65W 20V AIR-CON adapter Dimensions: 11. 6 a 10. 1 x 1. 2008 - 1. 31" Body weight: 3. 95lbs Retail Price tag: $1, 900 Build and Layout The ThinkPad X201 fpcbp160 carries the exact same delightfully-intimidating, ultra-portable business-notebook-on-steroids design as the X-series notebooks before them. At first glance it appears like any other T-series notebook using a boxy frame and silicone paint but much slighter. With the notebook available, you see that the form is as small as they can be without reducing the size of this keyboard. Keeping the large keyboard in the small frame does contain consequences, however, such like a short palmrest that's too short to assist most wrists with your fingers for their typing position. The X-series notebook is actually the smallest ThinkPad who still allows Lenovo to incorporate a full-size keyboard through its design. Build quality is great compared to most small netbooks fpcbp182 and even CULV notebooks that have hit the industry in the past several years. Just like the more robust T-series counterpart, the X201 holds the strong stainless-steel display screen hinges, durable ThinkPad keyboard set, strong plastic cladding, and even alloy chassis. The thinner design does indeed introduce some minor flex additionally, the screen hinges feel "weaker" as soon as scaled down but this can be all relative. For a 12-inch notebook the X201 can readily be tossed around with little be worried about it breaking ahead of schedule or wearing out before its useful your life is up. Try to do the same principle with cheaper consumer competition while you won't like the outcome. End-user servicing is still thought about with easy memory and hard disk access. The X201 retains the medial side panel to quickly swap out the harddrive and the bottom cover to upgrade the system memory. lifebook t4215 battery Screen and Speakers While the build quality surpasses a number of CULV-notebooks one area the X201 really falls behind is in the screen category. Compared to many of the modern 11. 6- and 12-inch glossy screens found on new consumer ultraportable notebooks, sony vgp-bps8a the panels on the X201 and X201s autumn behind in color saturation and contrast. Colors appeared faded plus weak while black levels felt washed out. This seems to really do the downside to most industry notebooks. Vertical viewing angles are generally average with colors starting to invert quickly when you actually tilt the screen 10 towards 15 degrees forward or maybe back. Horizontal viewing angles are better with colors staying consistent even within steep angles. The X201 Tablet screen is a step above the X201 or X201s and will be offering much better color saturation and contrast. Viewing angles are also greatly improved with minimal color inversion regardless of whether tilted 45 degrees in front or back. vgp-bps8b One problem we noticed for our X201 Tablet critique model though was typically the screen appeared very toasty (yellow/orange). This gave the screen an aged look and was not very pleasing to the eye. The backlight brightness of all three notebooks was plenty bright that they are viewable in an office setting. The X201 was the brightest of the bunch and measured 250cd/m2 in its brightest point. The X201s was second in addition to measured 232cd/m2 at its brightest point. The X201 Supplement came in third calibrating 182cd/m2 at its cleverest point. If you plan on using the X201 out-of-doors, Lenovo offers a high-brightness outdoor-viewable screen to the X201 Tablet as a solution. sony vgp-bpl8a Keyboard and Touchpad Each of the new ThinkPad X201-series notebooks vgp-bps2a we certainly have in for review supplies the same keyboard that was once seen on the X200. After the huge change with that T400s and T410 we were expecting to see a similar redesign while using X201 models but that wasn't the case. With that said that typing experience is everything we have now come to expect from the trusted ThinkPad brand. The keyboard size is 100% with the 12-inch widescreen chassis that is certainly an improvement from a 4: 3 aspect ratio X61 which will had condensed keys along the perimeter of the key board. The typing surface possesses excellent support with slightly any flex under fair pressure. The tactile feel from each key is great with soft clicks emitting a small amount of noise when fully pressed. If you plan on spending hours sitting in front of your computer typing any ThinkPad keyboard is really difficult to beat. vgp-bps2b One entirely new feature on the X-series ThinkPad is a new narrow Synaptics touchpad on the X201 and X201 Islate. The X-series has always had the limitation of being TrackPoint only鈥攚hich is a huge turnoff for some users. With the majority with buyers preferring the touchpad interface that it was a no-brainer to view Lenovo adding it to the X201 to help rise sales. The small touchpad is odd to check out at first鈥? it is about half the height on the normal touchpad鈥揵ut you get used to it really quick. During the review process I favored the touchpad covering the TrackPoint and had no trouble using it with common multitouch expressions. The touchpad had an excellent response time with absolutely no noticeable lag and each axis offered the same acceleration rate to hinder unwanted ovals. vgp-bps2c Ports and Attributes Port selection has stayed the same as previous models with two to three USB ports, hp dv2000 VGA-out, LAN, ExpressCard/54, audio jacks and a modem jack. For storage expansion Lenovo in addition includes an SDHC slot located on the front edge of a palmrest. I was really hoping to see some form of digital video out but as this is usually a business-oriented model most home business users still demand VGA-out intended for legacy projectors. Performance and Benchmarks I have to admit that when I actually first heard Lenovo was basically sticking a Core i7 processor from the X201 I had the mental image of an 12-inch gaming or workstation-class note pad. That was not the way it is as the Core i7-640LM processor incorporated into our X201s and X200 Supplement are dual-core processors designed with power efficiency in mind but not breakneck performance. It also seems that the low-voltage Core i7 processors are slower versus Core i5 processor we tested鈥攎aking things far more confusing for the average consumer who can be purchasing a notebook in model numbers alone. dell inspiron 6400 battery Compared to the Intel P8600-equipped X200 we reviewed greater year ago, every X201 we reviewed offered a substantial boost in speed, including the X201s with the brand-new Core i7-640LM. Overall system performance gone up 30 to 50% across the board depending on construction. 3D-performance went up 63 to 106% with the newer GMA HD integrated graphics covering the older X4500 chipset. Users will note that the GMA HD inside notebooks together with the low-voltage Core i7 processors can be clocked lower鈥揳t a 266MHz base frequency instead of 500MHz鈥搕han similarly-equipped Core i5 units. hp compaq 6510b battery If you depend on your notebook for being your "desktop-away-from-home" the newer platform offers ample performance to satisfy almost all users. Multimedia enthusiasts will enjoy streaming 1080P Flash online video through YouTube or decoding down loaded 1080P movies with slightly making the notebook escape a sweat. If you find yourself wanting more power versus standard run-of-the-mill netbook or CULV notebook can supply, one of the 12-inch X201 ThinkPads may very well be the best alternative. fujitsu t5010 battery ">
<! --
google_ad_client = "pub-6254916237007897";
/* ArticleDetail-FloatLeft-ImgTxt-300-250 */
google_ad_slot = "2059517962";
google_ad_width = 336;
google_ad_height = 280;
google_hints="Art and Culture, Lenovo ThinkPad X201 Review, sony vgp-bps8, ";
//-->

The ThinkPad sony vgp-bps8 X201 is the newest 12-inch ultra-portable small business notebook from Lenovo. As a refresh to the X200-series, the X201 showcases Intel's latest Calpella platform. One of the most interesting new processor options within the X201 is the new 32nm Core i7-640LM dual-core CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT clocked in at 3. 13GHz. In this review we take a look at the entire X201-lineup like X201, X201s, and X201 Tablet and see how well they build up against previous models. VGP-BPS13 Our Lenovo ThinkPad X201 Specific features: Screen: 12. 1-inch WXGA (1280 times 800) LED Backlit (Matte finish) vgp-bps8 Operating system: Windows 7 Professional (64bit) Processor: Intel Core i5-540M (2. 53GHz, 3MB Cache) Memory: 4GB DDR3 RAM (2GB + 2GB) Storage area: 320GB Hitachi HDD (7200rpm) Handheld: Intel 6200 802. 11AGN, Bluetooth Graphics: Intel GMA HD Integrated Graphics Power: 94Wh 9-cell, 65W 20V AC adapter Dimensions: 11. 6 x 9. 2 x 0. 8 - 1. 4" Weight: 3. 52lbs Retail Price: $1, 625 Our Lenovo ThinkPad X201s Specific features: Screen: 12. 1-inch WXGA+ (1440 times 900) LED Backlit (Matte finish) sony vgp-bps9 Operating system: Windows 7 Professional (64bit) Processor: Intel Core i7-640LM (2. 13GHz, 4MB Cache) Memory: 4GB DDR3 RAM (2GB + 2GB) Storage area: 320GB Hitachi HDD (5400rpm) Handheld: Intel 6250 802. 11AGN, Bluetooth Graphics: Intel GMA HD Integrated Graphics Power: 57Wh 6-cell, 65W 20V AC adapter Dimensions: 11. 6 x 8. 3 x 0. 08 - 1. 4" Weight: 2. 77lbs Retail Amount: $1, 335 Our Lenovo ThinkPad X201 Supplement Specifications: Screen: 12. 1" Multitouch LED WXGA (1280x800) panel with Wide Viewing Angle sony vgp-bpl8 Operating system: Windows 7 Professional (64bit) Processor: Intel Core i7-640LM (2. 13GHz, 4MB Cache) Memory: 4GB DDR3 RAM (2GB + 2GB) Storage area: 320GB Fujitsu HDD (5400rpm) Handheld: Intel 6200 802. 11AGN, Bluetooth Graphics: Intel GMA HD Integrated Graphics Power: 66Wh 8-cell, 65W 20V AC adapter Dimensions: 11. 6 x 10. 1 x 1. 04 - 1. 31" Weight: 3. 95lbs Retail Amount: $1, 900 Build and Style and design The ThinkPad X201 fpcbp160 carries the same delightfully-intimidating, ultra-portable business-notebook-on-steroids design as all the X-series notebooks before the idea. At first glance it looks like any other T-series notebook which includes a boxy frame and plastic paint but much small. With the notebook amenable, you see that the planning is as small as it can be without reducing the size of your keyboard. Keeping the large keyboard on the small frame does possess consequences, however, such as a short palmrest that's too short to back up most wrists with your fingers of their typing position. The X-series notebook is essentially the smallest ThinkPad this still allows Lenovo to incorporate a full-size keyboard around its design. Build quality is great compared to many of the small netbooks fpcbp182 in addition to CULV notebooks that have become so popular-so fast in the past year or so. Just like the large T-series counterpart, the X201 preserves the strong stainless-steel computer screen hinges, durable ThinkPad pc style keyboard, strong plastic cladding, and alloy chassis. The thinner design really does introduce some minor flex and the screen hinges feel "weaker" when scaled down but this is certainly all relative. For a 12-inch notebook the X201 may easily be tossed around with little worry about it breaking ahead of schedule or deteriorating before its useful your life is up. Try to do the same thing with cheaper consumer competition therefore you won't like the outcome. End-user servicing is still taken into consideration with easy memory and hard drive access. The X201 retains the side panel to quickly swap out the harddisk and the bottom cover to upgrade the machine memory. lifebook t4215 battery Screen and Speakers While the build quality surpasses a number of CULV-notebooks one area the X201 really falls behind is in the screen category. Compared to many of the modern 11. 6- and 12-inch glossy screens found on new consumer ultraportable notebooks, sony vgp-bps8a the panels on the X201 and X201s autumn behind in color saturation and contrast. Colors appeared faded plus weak while black levels felt washed out. This seems to really do the downside to most industry notebooks. Vertical viewing angles are generally average with colors starting to invert quickly when you actually tilt the screen 10 towards 15 degrees forward or maybe back. Horizontal viewing angles are better with colors staying consistent even within steep angles. The X201 Tablet screen is a step above the X201 or X201s and will be offering much better color saturation and contrast. Viewing angles are also greatly improved with minimal color inversion regardless of whether tilted 45 degrees in front or back. vgp-bps8b One problem we noticed for our X201 Tablet critique model though was typically the screen appeared very toasty (yellow/orange). This gave the screen an aged look and was not very pleasing to the eye. The backlight brightness of all three notebooks was plenty bright that they are viewable in an office setting. The X201 was the brightest of the bunch and measured 250cd/m2 in its brightest point. The X201s was second in addition to measured 232cd/m2 at its brightest point. The X201 Supplement came in third calibrating 182cd/m2 at its cleverest point. If you plan on using the X201 out-of-doors, Lenovo offers a high-brightness outdoor-viewable screen to the X201 Tablet as a solution. sony vgp-bpl8a Keyboard and Touchpad Each of the new ThinkPad X201-series notebooks vgp-bps2a we certainly have in for review supplies the same keyboard that was once seen on the X200. After the huge change with that T400s and T410 we were expecting to see a similar redesign while using X201 models but that wasn't the case. With that said that typing experience is everything we have now come to expect from the trusted ThinkPad brand. The keyboard size is 100% with the 12-inch widescreen chassis that is certainly an improvement from a 4: 3 aspect ratio X61 which will had condensed keys along the perimeter of the key board. The typing surface possesses excellent support with slightly any flex under fair pressure. The tactile feel from each key is great with soft clicks emitting a small amount of noise when fully pressed. If you plan on spending hours sitting in front of your computer typing any ThinkPad keyboard is really difficult to beat. vgp-bps2b One entirely new feature on the X-series ThinkPad is a new narrow Synaptics touchpad on the X201 and X201 Islate. The X-series has always had the limitation of being TrackPoint only鈥攚hich is a huge turnoff for some users. With the majority with buyers preferring the touchpad interface that it was a no-brainer to view Lenovo adding it to the X201 to help rise sales. The small touchpad is odd to check out at first鈥? it is about half the height on the normal touchpad鈥揵ut you get used to it really quick. During the review process I favored the touchpad covering the TrackPoint and had no trouble using it with common multitouch expressions. The touchpad had an excellent response time with absolutely no noticeable lag and each axis offered the same acceleration rate to hinder unwanted ovals. vgp-bps2c Ports and Attributes Port selection has stayed the same as previous models with two to three USB ports, hp dv2000 VGA-out, LAN, ExpressCard/54, audio jacks and a modem jack. For storage expansion Lenovo in addition includes an SDHC slot located on the front edge of a palmrest. I was really hoping to see some form of digital video out but as this is usually a business-oriented model most home business users still demand VGA-out intended for legacy projectors. Performance and Benchmarks I have to admit that when I actually first heard Lenovo was basically sticking a Core i7 processor from the X201 I had the mental image of an 12-inch gaming or workstation-class note pad. That was not the way it is as the Core i7-640LM processor incorporated into our X201s and X200 Supplement are dual-core processors designed with power efficiency in mind but not breakneck performance. It also seems that the low-voltage Core i7 processors are slower versus Core i5 processor we tested鈥攎aking things far more confusing for the average consumer who can be purchasing a notebook in model numbers alone. dell inspiron 6400 battery Compared to the Intel P8600-equipped X200 we reviewed greater year ago, every X201 we reviewed offered a substantial boost in speed, including the X201s with the brand-new Core i7-640LM. Overall system performance gone up 30 to 50% across the board depending on construction. 3D-performance went up 63 to 106% with the newer GMA HD integrated graphics covering the older X4500 chipset. Users will note that the GMA HD inside notebooks together with the low-voltage Core i7 processors can be clocked lower鈥揳t a 266MHz base frequency instead of 500MHz鈥搕han similarly-equipped Core i5 units. hp compaq 6510b battery If you depend on your notebook for being your "desktop-away-from-home" the newer platform offers ample performance to satisfy almost all users. Multimedia enthusiasts will enjoy streaming 1080P Flash online video through YouTube or decoding down loaded 1080P movies with slightly making the notebook escape a sweat. If you find yourself wanting more power versus standard run-of-the-mill netbook or CULV notebook can supply, one of the 12-inch X201 ThinkPads may very well be the best alternative. fujitsu t5010 battery <! -- google_ad_section_end -->

Related Articles -
<! -- google_ad_section_start -->sony vgp-bps8, vgp-bps8, sony vgp-bps9 sony vgp-bpl8, fpcbp160, fpcbp182, lifebook t4215 battery, sony vgp-bps8a, vgp-bps8b, sony vgp-bpl8a, vgp-bps2a, v, <! -- google_ad_section_end -->

<! --
google_ad_client = "pub-6254916237007897";
google_hints = "Art and Culture, Lenovo ThinkPad X201 Review, sony vgp-bps8, ";
/* 728x90, created 3/10/09 */
google_ad_slot = "0228603529";
google_ad_width = 728;
google_ad_height = 90;
//-->

Email this Article to the Friend!
Receive Articles like this one direct to a person's email box! Subscribe for free today!
Back to top Go down
https://aa-pb9nc6b.forumotion.com

Lenovo ThinkPad X201 Review.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AA-PB9NC6B :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: